Sunday, August 3, 2008

We're Back!!!



This blog was intended to be all about AnnaKate...so indulge me as I write about our recent trip to Bermuda!! :)

Oh my...we had a fabulous time. Just being relieved of parenting duties for 8 days was enough but to add a delightful cruise and then Bermuda just sent it over the top. We had never taken a cruise before so that was really fun. We cruised for a few days and then docked in Bermuda for a few days and then cruised home for a few days. It was so relaxing. I was able to read a whole book, The Thirteenth Tale, which I have not accomplished since AnnaKate was born. (By the way, the book was amazing. You need to read it!) The cruise was fabulous. I loved the eating, relaxing and tropical fruity drinks. Bermuda is just paradise. We loved getting around on a scooter and finding out of the way beaches. Enjoy the pictorial of the trip!

We left out of Baltimore so we got to visit the Smith Family one more time this summer. I can never get enough of Holly!













We love the Food Network show, Ace of Cakes, so while in Baltimore we did a drive by of his bakery, Charm City Cakes.










The "still happy couple after 10 years of marriage" leaving Baltimore.












Arriving in Bermuda









A picture of the cruise ship from the Unfinished church in St. George's.










This picture says is all!!










Billy on one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever been to.










Paradise!!










We took a Helmet Diving trip. Helmet diving is a way to have the diving experience without the expertise. You wear a helmet that gives you oxygen while you are able to walk under water.











I know...these pictures look "photo shopped". We were able to walk up to a coral reef and touch the fish.










Drinking a fruity drink and eating cream puffs...it "was" the life!









One of the "cheesy" pictures taken on the ship...I thought is was cute!














We had so many wonderful meal on the ship. So many great meals that we both gained around 8 pounds! Ugh!!











This is what AnnaKate did while we were gone...















We felt so fortunate to be able to take such a wonderful vacation this year. It has rejuvenated both of us. I wonder if we can go ahead and book our parents to keep AnnaKate for another vacation next year?

post signature

12 comments:

Anna said...

I'm so envious! It looks like you had an amazing time! I especially love the photo of just your feet with the ocean in the background! Perfect. I can't wait to hear more....

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous! Everything looks so beautiful...including the 2 people still in love after 10 years! Glad you guys had a good time.

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

The pictures are awesome!! I am so jealous! I am glad that you had a great time!

Kelly said...

Your pictures are beautiful. . . love the toes on the beach!! So happy to hear you had such a wonderful time!!

Anxious AF said...

Great pictures! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Cindy said...

Yep, I wish I could have been there too! What an amazing trip, and you sound so rejuvenated. Glad that AnnaKate had a fun time too!

Melissa said...

Yeah, glad you are back! Great pics. What a cute couple. That is the first I have seen of Billy. You guys look like you are beaming. I hope we look like that after 10 years.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

The pictures are fabulous! The helmet diving picture had me laughing out loud - it completely looks like you photoshopped your heads in. How funny! The picture of you and Billy is so wonderful. You need to frame it!

Cassie

Anna said...

It looks like you had a FABULOUS time!! The pictures are great. AND, you two certainly don't look like you gained 8 lbs...what have you guys been doing - looks like you and Billy have both "slimmed" yourselves, not that you needed to! So glad you enjoyed yourselves...

Michelle said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I love the picture of walking underwater. How fun!

Lori said...

Wow- I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful trip...I'm jealous!!! That will be us next year- 10 years and a cruise! :)

Tena said...

That looks wonderful!!!! I'm so glad you had a great time Kelly!