Saturday, October 4, 2008

Delightful Day

For some reason October is a really busy month for us. Lots of appointments, parties and stuff to do. Yesterday was a busy day but just delightful! I took a half day off of work because we had AnnaKate's IEP meeting. Billy and I went to, Two Chefs, one of our favorite spots for lunch. Just being able to go out to lunch and not eat in the school cafeteria was a treat.

Then we had the IEP meeting. AnnaKate's school and therapists are wonderful and the meeting was very positive. I have moved into a new stage with AnnaKate's development. I used to wish and wait for the next thing to happen....sitting, crawling, etc. I have really let go of that mentality. There is always something she is going to be working towards and it will always be in her own time...so I need to "cool my heels", sit back, wait and enjoy it all!

After the IEP meeting we took AnnaKate to spend the night with her "Lou-Lou" and grandaddy. What a treat for her and us! It is so nice to have 24 hours off of parenting duty. It is so rejuvenating.

Last night we celebrated Katie and Brad's 10th wedding anniversary with them. So many of my friend's from college got married around the same time as us so this is a big year to celebrate. We had such a fun time!

The happy couple!

Here's to 10 years!



Fall is such a great season. I get so excited for all of the sights and smells. Yesterday I had my first Pumpkin Spice latte of the year...that just capped off my delightful day!

post signature

4 comments:

Anna said...

What fun Kelly! That looks like a delightful group of friends! I'm really glad you had such a great day, it's such a gift when a day goes just right. The pumpkin latte makes me think I should go get one....now.

Anxious AF said...

What fun!
I remember when i was pregnant with Alex I said to Adam that this time, Im going to relax, and go with the flow, not worry, not hope for the next stage. Little did I know what was to come.
Thanks for reminding me:)

Cindy said...

Yum! Pumpkin spice latte!

Isn't it interesting how when our kids turn two, we finally settle down and wait for them to show us what they will do, instead of constantly worrying about them being behind? Yes, they'll always be behind, but the joy of each accomplishment is so much sweeter, for the surprise of it.

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.