Saturday, September 27, 2008

Supporting others

This weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to walk in two different events to support my friends. On Saturday, I participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in honor of my good friend, Lori. It is was so special to walk with survivors as well as those currently battling this terrible disease.






On Sunday, AnnaKate and I participated in the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk. It was a beautiful day and another great way to support our friends with Down Syndrome. Anne and Marcy did a fantastic job organizing the walk.



AnnaKate giving her friend, Sarah, a high five!


Anne is so creative...Go Team Archie!
Anne, John and Archie



Just had to add this one in...


AnnaKate really got into wearing her sunglasses this weekend! What a ham!!



What did you do fun this weekend?

post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Love the shades AnnaKate.. Love your friend, Noah

Lori said...

Thanks so much for coming along with me in the Race for the Cure. I had a great time and it was inspiring to see all of the "suvivors"! I love ya! PS-AnnaKate is a diva with her glasses! I like it! :)

Anxious AF said...

Wow, what a wonderful way to spend your weekend.
Love the shades AnnaKate, you work it!

Anna said...

What a nice way to spend your time. It's really wonderful to have supportive friends!

Kerri H said...

AnnKate..how DO you keep those glasses on? Logan needs a lesson in keeping sunglasses on! That's great about the Buddy Walk..The one here in Omaha is this coming weekend and I know about 5 people so far..including a classmate of Logan's attending..unfortunately I'm working so won't make it! But looks like fun..maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming, Kelly and AnnaKate! We are lucky to know you both!

One Pumpkin Seed said...

Thanks so much for coming to the Buddy Walk. I wish I could have spent a few more minutes visiting with you, but as you know it was so busy.

I hope to see you again soon.