Friday, April 23, 2010

Kinney


A true love story...
AnnaKate and her great grandfather "Kinney"

My grandaddy is sick with lung cancer. It is such a horrible thing, but that precious man continues to amaze us with his strength and positive attitude. He has been through 3 rounds of chemo and is doing great. I think today's visit did all of our hearts good.

Kinney still has the strength to jump with AnnaKate...


to play...


and to explore.

As we were leaving AnnaKate put on Wilma's sweater to walk to the car...*funny girl*...


I had hoped to get the best picture of the three of them with the azaleas, but the neighbors had an inflatable jump house in their backyard and AnnaKate could not keep her eyes off it.

But to me the picture still speaks a thousand words.

Love you Kinney and Wilma!


7 comments:

bebybo said...

what a lovely pictures!!!

Christine said...

Those pictures make such a great story!!! A story that will be cherished for a long, long time. I agree, the last picture speaks a thousand words!!! i will keep granpa Kinney in my prayers.

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

I welled up when you called him grandaddy, so sweet. Precious pictures that will be cherished for years to come. I will keep Kinny in my prayers.

Anna said...

Truly special. The last picture was beautiful.

Kerri H said...

Prayers here also! Beautiful pictures..for a very special family!

Cindy said...

Truly precious! Grand (and great-grand) parents are so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

So special. I will keep him in my prayers also. You have such a sweet girl.