Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Birthday AnnaKate!!!!

AnnaKate's third birthday was Saturday. It is hard to believe that three years ago we brought this special angel home from the hospital. We can't even imagine our life without her now. We feel so lucky to have her in our lives.

I just love birthdays and have been planning this one for a while now. We were able to celebrate with lots of family and friends and the day was just beautiful.

I just love a good theme. The theme of daisies all started with just the right invitation.

"Spring's sweetest bloom is turning three!"And...just the right outfit!

I made the birthday banner for the mantel to also match the daisy theme.
These are fun for any party!!
I love these fabric pennant banners...so of course I had to make one to match the theme!


A daisy on the front door and daisies in the window box.
The azaleas are always so pretty right around AnnaKate's birthday.

I love making AnnaKate's birthday cakes. My mom always helps and we have lots of fun doing it. Fondant makes great decorations but the taste of it is not so great. This year I made my own fondant and I think it tasted much better and was very easy to work with.

Sweet cupcakes with daisies.


Daisy cookie favors
Now to the party!

We had a little mishap the day of the party. Billy woke up the night before the party with a high fever, body aches and a swollen knee. He went to the doctor and then was sent to the emergency room. He had cellulitis on his knee. A small cut on his knee was infected with the normal strep bacteria that is always on our skin. It is actually very serious. They caught it in time and gave him a shot of antibiotics and some oral meds. He made it home just in time for the party.


AnnaKate got so many wonderful gifts.
AnnaKate's birthday was such a wonderful day. It meant so much to us to have all our family and friends come and celebrate "Spring's sweetest bloom"!

Now...what will the theme be for next year??? Any ideas??

15 comments:

Holly said...

Wish we could have been there to enjoy then fun! Next year...birds? yes, i think birds!

Anxious AF said...

You are the most beautifulluy creative person ever!!! Better than Martha!!!!
Happy birthday sweet girl, Ive got birthday hugs coming your way in June, your mommy will just hae to give them to you:)

Love you both so much!
Jessica and Alex

Anxious AF said...

Look at how I spelled beautifully up there?!?!?!

Brooke said...

omg! so cute!! i love the last picture!

Anna said...

Amazing Kelly! You are so talented! Of course I also love a theme and I love how it shows up in everything you did! I love how the pom poms look they brighten up everything. I want to get your new recipe and maybe I'll give fondant a go. The cake looks professional! I hope Billy is recovering quickly, how scary.

Kim said...

You really need to post step by step instructions how to make your cakes. They are gorgeous. The party looked wonderful. You are so talented.

Cindy said...

What a beautiful party AND Billy had an ER visit? Wow! You are a super momma!

I love love love the decorations and cake.

Happy birthday Anna Kate! You had a party as beautiful as you.

Terri H-E said...

Happy birthday A-K! I need to hire your mom to come throw my parties from now on!

3 is going to be a great year - full of lots of surprises!

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

WOW!! AK's party looks awesome!! The cake is beautiful, almost too pretty to eat!! Happy Birthday sweet AK!! And look out Martha, Kelly is taking over!!!!

The Peacock Family said...

Wow, you are so talented! I love all of the decorations and party favors, what a great idea. It looks like AK had a great birthday full of lot's of love and presents.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how creative you are. It looked like a beautiful party. Happy Birthday AnnaKate.

Tena said...

How precious is THAT???? Good grief, you are too talented!

Kerri H said...

Happy B-day to the birthday girl! You are tooo creative and so very talented...can you come help us plan Logie's 4th b-day party in a about week please? What a great day! :)

Kelly said...

My jaw is on the keyboard right now! You are so creative! What a beautiful birthday party! Happy Birthday Anna Kate! Kelly F

jCc said...

I still cannot believe you made that cake! It is beautiful!! Everything is adorable.