Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fun on the Farm

What a fun day we had at Dogwood Farm! My cousin's little girl, Elise, had her 5th birthday party at the farm. They had llamas, oreo cows, tukeys, chickens, rabbits, goats, miniature donkeys and lots of other neat animals. We took a hayride around the farm and AnnaKate got to see the animals up close.





None of the animals really impressed AnnaKate but the turkeys.

Elise got to collect the eggs. I loved the blue eggs. Elise on the llama.
AnnaKate was also very impressed by the dogs that keep the coyotes away. Go figure!



An angora rabbit.
Uncle Kinard and sweet Ben.
Believe it or not, this was AnnaKate's first time eating pizza. She just thought it was ok.

AnnaKate really enjoys birthday cake!

We had such a fun day at the farm. Happy Birthday Elise!

As you can tell it was a little bit cold. Now that spring is here, I hope the spring weather finally catches up.

10 comments:

Holly said...

Fun, fun, fun! We have a dog we can let you borrow, for AK's enjoyment. Let me know!

Anna said...

What a fun party! I love the idea of a farm birthday party. I can't believe how fluffy that rabbit was. I'm ready for spring weather too!

Anxious AF said...

What a brave little girl to be so close to that creepy turkey!

Brandi said...

I'm glad the weather has allowed your family to get out! How much fun! You inspired me to maybe get Bella out to the petting farm today!

Anna said...

My nieces had a horse birthday party recently...so fun! Loved seeing all the pictures...AK is so cute!

Anonymous said...

It does look like fun. I took Noah to a farm recently and he wanted nothing to do with any of the animals..It takes a lot to impress him I guess.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fabulous place to visit. I know that AK had a blast. What a fun party!

Cassie

Tarah Peacock said...

What a great idea for a birthday. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Kelly said...

It is funny how impressed she was by the turkey! She is cute as every! Kelly F

Jennifer said...

Well now, I have never heard of that place but it looks adorable! Okay though, did you scrub AnnaKate down with soap after she touched the turkey? :) Who knew turkeys would let you pet them?

That little girl is adorable!!!