Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Blah's and Ah-Ha's

Anybody else got the January Blahs??? The weather here is very gray, all the talk on tv is about our terrible economy, I have been too busy to blog or ready other blogs, our state cut majorly cut funding for AnnaKate's therapy...yuck! Even through all of this, I am not depressed...but it is starting to get to me. I think I am going to change my word of the year from purposeful to perspective. I want to keep everything in perspective. Things could be MUCH, MUCH worse! We need to support each other in tough times and know that we all need to chip in and do our part to make things better in our community and nation.

On to the Ah-Ha's. AnnaKate seems to be having Ah-Ha moments everyday. Things are just clicking. She understands so much of what we are saying and is learning new things each day. It is so fun to see her progressing and doing so well. Today we were playing with her baby doll and practicing following directions. Look at what she was doing...

Night-Night baby

Drink-Drink Baby
Brush, Brush, Brush your hair
Pat, Pat the Baby

Way to go AnnaKate!

post signature

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Lori said...

How precious is that! It is so fun to see the "light bullb" go off, isn't it?

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Great pictures of her taking care of her bitty baby! What does the funding cut mean for you guys?

I've been dreaming of planting flowers and have been planning a garden party in my head!

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

She is so cute with her baby doll! It is always great to see our kids having ah-ha moments!

Cindy said...

Very cute! Now you need another kid for her to help with! :)

Lynn Huggins Blackburn said...

She's doing great! We have GOT to meet.

Cassie said...

She is like a little mother. I love watching how girls develop this nurturing instinct. Taylor may have patted the baby at first, and maybe given her a kiss, but then out of the blue he would probably sling her across the room or run a truck over her. I am so glad that girls develop this loving and gentle nature! AnnaKate is such a precious girl. I love watching her grow!

Cassie

Kelly said...

Ahhh, what a way to start your year! I hope AnnaKate is able to get the support she needs.

The pictures are precious! She is playing like such a big girl. Kelly F

Anxious AF said...

Everytime, everytime! everytime I see Anna Kate I just want to sqeeze her....
I too have the January blahs....Its cold, its long, you still have 2 months to go until spring. Blah blah blah.
5 more months until we meet!

Melissa said...

Everyone sees the gains that she is making. Today I had AK lead me to therapy. I followed her all the way to my room. This is no small feat. There are TONS of distractions, she made 4 turns, and passed by 11 other doors. My door was closed and the door next to mine was open, revealing tons of fun toys. AK stayed focused and went straight to MY door. She tried to open my door and I said "we need to knock first".....so she did! I LOVE HER!!!

Tarah Peacock said...

How cute, look at her taking care of her baby. Makes me smile.

Jennifer said...

She's such a girly girl! I love Melissa's story about AK finding her way back to her office...that IS impressive!

Melody said...

ADORABLE does not begin to describe that little girl. Congratulations, Kelly!
Congratulations on being a great mother, a great friend.
Congratulations on not letting the "blahs" get you down but seeing the "ah-hahs" instead. You are an inspiration!