Sunday, May 8, 2011

Special Olympics 2011

AnnaKate’s school participates in the Special Olympics Young Athletes Program. I always very feel honored when I get to go. It was a perfect spring day to celebrate all these athletes and their accomplishments. Their moto says it all:

Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.

The parade of athletes

041

See anyone you know?

048

My mom and my sweet friend, Chappell, and her little girl, Sophie, came too.

050

Let the games begin!

053054

A victory hug

055064066071

Fun times!

077080

She is a winner!

093

AnnaKate got to visit with one of my inclusion students from my school, it was the highlight of both of the girls’ day!

095

3 comments:

David Parker said...

What a perfect day! It looks like she had a blast!

Cassie

Anna said...

I just love this! What an amazing event!

Jenna said...

Hi Anna Kate
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are an amazing,courageous, determined fighter. U are a brave warrior, inspirational hero and a smilen champ.
I am glad u had a great day.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com
I love it when others sign my guestbook.