Monday, July 19, 2010

Big Step for a Big Girl!



It's Big Girl Bed Time!!!


I have been debating moving AnnaKate to a big bed for a while.
I thought summer would be the perfect time to give it a shot.

Today I took down the crib(which was kind'of sad...) and put up AnnaKate's precious big girl bed. It is an old spool style bed that was given to us by a special family friend. I just love how it looks!

I talked with AnnaKate about the bed and when she walked in the room she ran right to it and kissed it! She played and played on the bed which seemed a good sign to me.

At bedtime she went right to sleep. I kept going in to check on her and it surprised me at how big she looked in that bed.


I am anxious about the rest of the night and the morning. I will let you know how it goes!

**Update...AnnaKate went to bed perfectly and woke up the same way! Yippee for night one...

8 comments:

Anxious AF said...

Such a big girl!

Melissa said...

BEAUTIFUL bed!!! Looks like you repainted too. What a sweet room.

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

She is such a sweet little, big girl!! :) I LOVE the bed, so precious! I am thinking that William is going to be ready for a big boy bed soon too...I can't wait to hear how AK does.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, SO proud of you. I know it's another major milestone for all of you. I LOVE that she KISSED the bed!! How perfect. She is precious, and so are you!
Love y'all. Cat

Anonymous said...

Yeah for big girl beds! She looks so precious in it!

Cassie

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!!! What a big girl she is getting to be.

Anna said...

She looks right at home in that bed! LOVE the bed!

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

She is so cute in her big girl bed! such a wonderful bed!